I love pumpkin pie and I believe that there is never a bad time for pumpkin pie how ever it is not practical, at least not for me, to have a pumpkin pie just sitting about all the time. So I went on the hunt for an alternative and I have now made my very first batch of pumpkin butter. so simple so good. now I must say I did find this on another bloggers page, I will put a link to her page and the recipe below the photo
- 1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin puree (about 3.5 cups)
- 1 cup apple juice
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon whiskey (optional)
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Combine all ingredient, except for lemon juice, in a large saucepan.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, stir in lemon juice and let cool.
- Pour into airtight jar(s) and store in refrigerator for up to 6 days.